Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can Irfanview make my selfies much less yellow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can Irfanview make my selfies much less yellow?

I want to stick to something simple like Irfanview. I never used professional software like GIMP or Photoshop. What do I click in Irfanview to remove this yellow tint from my selfies? My bathroom light is pure white, there should not be this yellow.Thanks!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	R2QjMlT.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	93507

Image ? Color corrections
    My system: IrfanView 4.62 64bit, Windows 10 22H2, Intel Core i5-3570, 16GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB

Comment

As JendaLinda says, use Color Corrections.

Read the text I have underlined about White Balance and note where I have clicked the mouse pointer at the top of the picture where the bathroom wall is supposed to be white.

Click image for larger version  Name:	White Balance.png Views:	0 Size:	479.0 KB ID:	93511
      Attached Files

Comment

As you can see, the image gets too much blue with the proposed method.
        1. Your camera might have a setting (colour correction) for images taken by daylight or by artificial light. The setting for artificial will help.
        2. Yellow is made of red and green. If you reduce red and green you will get a more realistic image. You'll have to try out, how much of red and green
        must be reduced. Also, you might have to add some gamma and contrast.
        Win 10/64 Home 22H2 IrfanView 4.66/64
        Hate has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet. (Maya Angelou)

Comment

Working...
        X