Google Pixel 6 mp4's are not playing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved Google Pixel 6 mp4's are not playing

I just got a new Google Pixel 6 smartphone and realized that the mp4's it produces does not play in Irfanview. I have the latest verion with all plug-ins. Any ideas why?

Your smartphone is probably using a video codec, which is not installed in your operating system. IrfanView uses just codecs installed in Windows for video playback.

For playing videos, it's better to use a specialized media player, fort example VLC. It also includes codecs for most audio and video formats.
    My system: IrfanView 4.62 64bit, Windows 10 22H2, Intel Core i5-3570, 16GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB

Comment

I use the K-Lite Mega codec pack

The K-Lite Mega Codec Pack is a free software bundle for playing all your audio and video files. It contains everything you need. The best solution for solving your playback problems.

I seems to be pretty complete. Loads the codecs into Windows.

Comment

Comes with a video player I like called Media Player Classic.

VLC comes with it's own codecs and does work well.

Comment

Thanks for your feedback. It was indeed just the H.265 HEVC that was missing on my laptop. Cheers.

Comment

Media Player Classic is a very good media player too. It also comes with its own codecs.

Speaking of K-Lite Mega codec pack, the mega version includes lots of unnecessary stuff. The standard version includes everything needed for playing videos. The higher editions include also codecs for encoding videos, which most users don't need. However if you are using VLC or MPC, you don't need any codecs.
            My system: IrfanView 4.62 64bit, Windows 10 22H2, Intel Core i5-3570, 16GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB

Comment

"LAV Filters" has become the defacto ffmpeg-based decoder for Windows. It can be downloaded separately and installed for use with all programs, or bundled with MPC-HC. Previously you needed "ffdshow" and various splitters, but now LAV Filters includes the splitting part too. Codec packs remain from the time when these megacodecs didn't exist or were not as complete, and the packs included cracked modules from commercial video players. Now they are not needed any more.

Comment

Working...
              X