Does not save screen position

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved Does not save screen position

I like IrfanView very much and have in past donated. It has special capabilities I need. I cannot however use it as my main image viewer because each time I open an image the window appears at the upper left corner of the screen and renders as large as possible. This is not full screen, but as large as possible using the same height to width ratio. This presents too much of a nuisance for me to use the application unless I need the occasional functionality. In settings I clicked the box to "Remember the last window size/position", but that doesn't seem to do anything. When the application opens I want the same window size and position I had last time, and I want the image to scale within that window. If I size the window to what I want, the image does not automatically resize within the window. I do not want scroll bars. If I press the space bar and go to the next image, BANG, the window goes to the upper left corner of the screen again and shows the image as large as possible again. I wish you could resolve these issues so I can use the application more. Presently I use FastStone as my main image viewer and it works excellent, but only opens one image at a time and I cannot view two images side by side. Thanks for making a nice application.

See the Display options on the View menu.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Yes, that does the trick! I never tried anything in the View menu. Choosing Display Options, Fit Images to Window works perfectly. Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X