This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks to Irfanview and RIOT

Just wanted to add a few notes, but https://irfanview-forum.de/forum/pro...-discountinued is closed.
    - I 100% agree with njwirf and all the others there that "The Riot plugin is one of the main things I use in Irfanview. Losing it is awful. It has so many more features than just setting the file size. I certainly can't be without it" and this includes his closing statement "donated".
    - Yet, I also understand Bhikkhu Pesala and JendaLinda reasoning with security issues of the older plugin version, and I am greatful for the tips and links in that thread
    - (although "The contact information is in Help - About IrfanView dialog." this unfortunately I cannot find )
    - I too went to install two versions now, basically adding back 4.57 to the auto-upgraded 4.60. Had to install 4.57 in my private SSD though, because "my" company uses OPSWAT and singles out every outdated app...)

JendaLinda's link there is helpful for anyone else wanting/needing to keep the IRFANVIEW Legacy version ie with "Save for Web" RIOT plugin:
    IrfanView: Free software download for olderv versions of windows.

and Irfan himself explains additional points re/ older 32bit vs newer 64bit Irfanview here: https://www.irfanview.com/64bit.htm (I stick with 32bit for now because most plugins only work in that).

The RIOT plugin "Save for Web" is so extremely useful I can't miss it. I save everything for web with "Save for web". It's been the most brilliant plugin integration in Irfanview since I got Irfanview. Which I think was decades ago (I am older than you )

The sad thing about all of today's "update every day" nonsense is: Most updates, in my personal(!) past experience, have made the respective product WORSE. If a program is programmed with quality, it makes no sense, and is disturbing, to push out updates. Just to signal "we are up to date".... tssss. But the current generations of "software designers" sadly are &$/"$&$&(" (you know what that means)

RIOT software has grown beyond being just a plugin. It's now a standalone program. It even provides some features that are already included in IrfanView. Standalone RIOT can be used in conjunction with IrfanView. RIOT can be added as an external editor to IrfanView or pictures can be pasted to RIOT using Windows clipboard.

Latest version of RIOT software
    My system: IrfanView 4.62 64bit, Windows 10 22H2, Intel Core i5-3570, 16GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB

Comment

As noted in the closed thread. Further discussion of this topic is pointless, so this topic is also closed. If you think the developer is an &$/"$&$&( I see little point in helping you to contact him, just to insult him for not doing what you think he should. Use the old version, and be happy.
      Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
      X