Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bolstering Compression Rate (Batch Script, Irfanview + PDFPlugin)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bolstering Compression Rate (Batch Script, Irfanview + PDFPlugin)

Hello,

I am using Irfanview to compile a series of images inside a folder into a PDF. I am using the multiPDF function. After doing multiple tests, its compression rate is not great. PDFs file sizes are large, where I would want something on the same compression rate as when you use Microsoft Print to PDF. Below is my script.

SET exePDF="%ProgramFiles%\IrfanView\i_view64.exe"
    SET dllPDF="%ProgramFiles%\IrfanView\Plugins\PDF.dll"
    SET currDIR="%CD%"

echo =====PROCESS A: Compile pictures folder(s) into PDF

REM Checks for existence of Irfanview and PDF plugin on local computer

IF NOT EXIST %exePDF% GOTO NOIRF
    IF NOT EXIST %dllPDF% GOTO NOIRFP

echo Compiling...
    REM locate all images in each subfolder and package them into a PDF, and rename the PDF as the folder's name where it was located

for /D %%G in ("%~dp0*") do @%exePDF% /multipdf=("%~dp0%%~nG.pdf","%%G\*.jpg","%%G\*.jpeg ","%%G\*.bmp","%%G\*.png","%%G\*.tiff","%%G\*.tif" ,"%%G\*.avif","%%G\*.gif","%%G\*.jfif") /resample /cmdexit
    I may need help, as I feel like I'm missing something. I scoured the documentation for options, but is there a function via Irfanview that can take the photos from the folders that its searching and compress them into a single PDF, but yet at the same time have the same compression style/rate as Microsoft Print to PDF? Or, perhaps there is a way to do the same thing but invoke Microsoft Print to PDF?

Thank you very much.

I see this option in the PDF Plugin:

Click image for larger version

Name:	JPG Quality.png
Views:	144
Size:	16.3 KB
ID:	96120
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
      I see this option in the PDF Plugin:

Name:	JPG Quality.png
Views:	144
Size:	16.3 KB
ID:	96120
      Thanks for this! I didn't realize the settings would port while using the script.

To follow up: Regarding Microsoft Print to PDF. When you print using this method the pictures blow up to the size of a page which aids in its compression method. Can this be done in Irfanview as well?

Comment

The size of the PDF can be changed on the Layout tab of the PDF Settings dialog.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Where are the options for the PDF plugin?

I get this:

Name:	Capture_20221031-133613.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	96131

Comment

Originally posted by IrfanUserGuyxyx View Post
            Where are the options for the PDF plugin?
            You can see them when you go to save a PDF file, or create a multipage image and save it as a PDF.

Comment

Working...
            X