Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot select transparent color when saving PNG

Hello all

I have a problem when trying to save PNGs with a transparent background. When saving, a window is meant to pop up in which I can click on the color which should be made transparent. This window does not appear, so I have no possibility to select the color.

What might cause the popup to not appear?

I have two machines, both of which have IrfanView 4.60 installed. On one, it is working properly, on the other it is not. The main difference between the two is that on the machine where it is working, I have admin rights. On the other, I do not, and the INI file is read-only. Could this be a factor?

Anthony Dyson

In current versions of Windows, regular users are not permitted to modify files in the Program files folder. By default, IrfanView creates the INI file in the user's AppData folder, so it can be written to. The INI file in Program files\IrfanView folder contains just the path to the main INI file.
    Have you edited the INI files maually?
    My system: IrfanView 4.62 64bit, Windows 10 22H2, Intel Core i5-3570, 16GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB

Comment

When you save a .PNG, did you activate "Show format options dialog" at the bottom of the window?
      Win 10/64 Home 22H2 IrfanView 4.67/64
      Hate has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet. (Maya Angelou)

Comment

Working...
      X