No announcement yet.

Bug(?): Instances opened from 'load all subfolders' views lack some functions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved Bug(?): Instances opened from 'load all subfolders' views lack some functions

If you load a folder and its subfolders into a Thumbnails view and double click on any image, the IV instance that is spawned doesn't respond to the `start slideshow` or `view random file in folder/list` hotkeys/menu items. Most other features seem to function as normal in such a case so I hope this is a bug, but if it should be a feature request instead, please advise accordingly.

Cannot reproduce. The Shift+A shortcut is a toggle that turns on/off the automatic viewing mode.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Video example: https://gfycat.com/DemandingSandyHapuka

In the above case, the first time I open IV proper, I'm changing the current file with ctrl+m. The second time I am also pressing ctrl+m, it's just not doing anything.

Also, that drive it's calling a floppy (B: ) definitely is a hard drive that I assigned that letter to manually, so there's something assuming something it shouldn't somewhere, but that's a separate bug.

Comment

Originally posted by hellmouth View Post
        Also, that drive it's calling a floppy (B: ) definitely is a hard drive that I assigned that letter to manually, so there's something assuming something it shouldn't somewhere, but that's a separate bug.
        That is probably the bug, since I cannot reproduce the reported behaviour with Ctrl+M or Shift+A. Can you reproduce the behaviour on Drive C: ?
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Sorry, that was just an aside. As you can see in the video if you pause on my folder structure, the folder I'm dealing with is on C:, I just had never noticed the mislabeled drive until I was watching it back myself to make sure I wasn't posting anything sensitive. I have tried this with folders on every drive I have; all of them display this behaviour.

I did just realize I was a couple minor versions behind (4.58 x64), but I also just updated to current (4.60 x64) for both the main program and plugins, and I'm still experiencing the same thing. ctrl+m, w, and ctrl+w are all dead keys when the instance is opened from a thumbnail view that has had subfolders loaded into it. I was worried this was just a limitation of opening a 'synthetic' list like that, not a real folder, but if you can't reproduce it that's very odd. If you need any other diagnostic info/testing steps on my end, please ask.

ETA: Also I'm not really sure where this shift-A stuff is coming into play? is that a hotkey for the thumbnail viewer or the main IV window? I don't see it listed as a hotkey next to any menu items, and it doesn't appear to do anything in either program?

Comment

Did you wait for all of the thumbnails in the subfolders to load?

Comment

I hadn't, and that was what was blocking me, apparently. If I wait for the entire thumblist to load, the random/slideshow keys start working again. This is somewhat unfortunate, as the folders I'm looking at using this for can take several minutes to generate the thumbs, and I don't actually *care* about the thumbs, I'm basically only using it as a glorified file browser. Is there some way I can tell it to cache the thumbs somewhere? Or really any other advice to cut down that initial load time?

Comment

See the thumbnail options to disable resampling, and use smaller thumbnails. There is no way to cache thumbnails. Irfan Skiljan does not want to do it.

Comment

Working...
                X