Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stamping pdf's to show they have been reviewed

Hello,

I have been using Irfanview for various things for a few years but am not a developer or coder. I am a real estate agent in the US. We are required to document that all of our documents have been reviewed by our managing broker and the date it was reviewed for compliance purposes. For several years I was sending them through a signing service. Click on email, open signing, click to sign, then re-download back into the system. I have to do this for hundreds of documents every month.

I stumbled across the add text feature in Irfanview which you can use placeholders, then I went a little further and used batch conversion to add the stamp where I wanted it.

It works! I love it. However I still need to open IrfanView, click Batch, Start Batch.

It's not that bad for now but all of my agent's files are stored in the cloud for our CRM. So I have to download them, batch conversion, since batch conversion is renaming them and putting the file back where it came from it auto-sync back to its location.

It seems to me like a person with knowledge could set this up on a server somewhere and send the pdf through this process and then return it back to where it came from.

I have all the placeholders set up in Irfanview now and have attached them for reference.

I'm sorry if this question is beyond my ability to word it correctly. I have a little tiny bit of coding knowledge. I am able to get the files to send dynamically through our signing system's API from my CRM now, so is it possible I can get the file and send it to a server and just have it stamp this on there? Can I set up Irfanview on a remote server and just stamp with these settings every document that gets sent to the server?

Or, maybe someone else knows a way to stamp something like this another way? I cannot legally have this running through a third-party cloud service unless it is encrypted since much of it contains sensitive client information. But all I need is stamp that the document has been reviewed and the current date as shown in the pictures.

Basically this saves me from having to open the signing system, sign all the documents that need reviewed today, and re-download them back into the folders where they came from.

I think that IrfanView is the wrong tool to use for this. If I am not mistaken, it would modify the PDF during the stamping process and break any active links in the file. Take a look at PDF-XChange Editor and see if that can do what you need. Watermarks can be added, managed, or removed.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
      I think that IrfanView is the wrong tool to use for this. If I am not mistaken, it would modify the PDF during the stamping process and break any active links in the file. Take a look at PDF-XChange Editor and see if that can do what you need. Watermarks can be added, managed, or removed.
      That is fine if the links and everything flattens, I only need a record that the document has been reviewed by the broker for compliance purposes. Once the document has been reviewed and processed then this is just for storage to comply with state regulators. There are no active links on any of the documents.

I will however, check out the program you reccomended.

Comment

Qpdf is free and should work

See; https://superuser.com/questions/2806...-of-a-pdf-file

and: https://qpdf.sourceforge.io/

a
        s far as I can tell, it's free and should work. It can probably be installed on a server.
        Last edited by IrfanUserGuyxyx; 01.04.2023, 01:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X