Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No update of image list in folder on the fly

I have N image files in folder.

When I open one of them with IrfanView, it builds a list of images it found in this folder and shows index, if this option is enabled.

If I crop part of image and save as new file to the same folder, first it keeps the same order number in index as source file, and the index still remains at N.

If I start browsing through other files, newly created file disappears from the list.

If I explicitly open this new file while still browsing the same directory, it gets order number 0 (which is shown as 0/N).

When I continue browsing the same directory after that, new file disappears from the list again and are displayed only files from 1 to N.

To force IrfanView refresh list of files, I have to open file from another directory and then go back and open some file from old directory.

So, is it just the way IrfanView works or should it be reported as a bug?

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    Update.

Just tried Refresh which I initially thought was solely for a single file.

It creates renewed list of images in folder and makes index reach N+1.

But it also has its own weirdness. Because when I save new cropped file, its name is displayed in title bar with preceding asterisk. And when I hit Refresh while it is this way, the filename in title bar is changed to name of source file, while image which is shown still is of a cropped version, until I start browsing through other images.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S.
    Btw, if you enter 0 as an order number in the field showing index and press Enter, this field becomes empty and program gets stuck at current image, stopping reacting to buttons Next/Previous and mouse wheel. If you click on any menu during that time, this field changes to 0/0. And Information... shows that this file has no name, no disk size, no time/date, no order number. It stays that way until new file is opened or window is minimized and then restored. Lol.
    Last edited by Jiri; 16.05.2023, 11:00 AM.
Working...
X