Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to scale image when converting jpg to pdf?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to scale image when converting jpg to pdf?

I just downloaded the latest release (4.62) with all of the add-ins. I captured a small area of the screen (~4" x 6"). I'd like to save it as a PDF, but when I do, IrfanView scales it up to fit the page. How can I control the size of the image in the saved PDF?

Thanks
    Running IV 64 4.52 on Windows 10 with Office 365

This is a democracy (USA) so we have no one to blame but ourselves.

You could print to PDF. Windows usually comes with a "Print to PDF" printer. There are free print to PDF printer software on the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by IrfanUserGuyxyx View Post
      You could print to PDF. Windows usually comes with a "Print to PDF" printer. There are free print to PDF printer software on the internet.
      That worked, thanks.

I was hoping that IV might have an option to convert JPGs to PDFs, but I couldn't find any.
      Running IV 64 4.52 on Windows 10 with Office 365

This is a democracy (USA) so we have no one to blame but ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Cynthia Moore View Post
        I captured a small area of the screen (~4" x 6"). I'd like to save it as a PDF, but when I do, IrfanView scales it up to fit the page. How can I control the size of the image in the saved PDF?
        You can print to PDF as IrfanUserGuyxyx says, or you can:

1. Save

2. Set 'Save as type' to PDF and tick 'Show format options dialog'

3. In the PDF save options dialog:
        - Set 'Image size' to 'Original (from image DPIs)' instead of 'Optimal (Fit to page)
        - 'Image position' as required.

If you are converting lots of JPGs to PDFs, you can specify the above save settings when doing a Batch conversion so that it applies to all files.

Comment

Working...
        X