Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested File timestamp change

Here one issue:

Often when changing the day-time (summer/winter time), I forget to change the time on the camera. That means that many files will have wrong timestamp. Then it would be very nice to be able to change this file date manually.

I often use explorer or somelike to browse pictures across several folders, and it's nice to get the time-sorting correctly. With timestamp, I mean the file changed filestamp, but should also be possible t change exif-date too.

Ex: scanned image wich I know the creation date, I would like to set that tate as "file changed" date manually independent of what format the picture has. I think it's called file system date or something similar.
    If it hurts not to drint, don't waste the bottle then.

You can edit some EXIF tags in XnView, like Date taken, Date digitized, or Date modified.

ExifTool GUI is a great program for editing EXIF. It uses the ExifTool engine and has a neat Date/Time shift feature, plus so much more.

Comment

It would be nice, if this were possible with Irfanview, too.

Maybe in Batch Conversation - Advanced options:

[ ] Save files with Exif Date time

Comment

If you have Irfanview 4.36 with version 4.36 of the lossless JPG transforms plugins you will find you already have this feature under Options > Change JPG EXIF date/time(taken).

Comment

Thanks, that's cool:

[ ] Apply new EXIF date/time as file date/time

I had seen that, but not understood that this works also without changing the images' exif date.

Comment

How to Run This Option as a Batch Process

I see how to do this one image file at a time.

Is it possible to apply this change as a batch process?

On 9/29/15 I connected my iPhone to my desktop (lighting port to USB) to download some images. I downloaded the images, but did not immediately disconnect the iPhone. I've never understood what happened, but a very fast batch routine began which changed the timestamp (and in most cases the file size slightly, suggesting a file-save and consequent jpeg file degradation) to the time of the operation. I have backup copies for some of the images, but restoring the files in folders I've set up seems a bigger task than I want to undertake.

thanks
            baumgrenze

Comment

You might try /jpg_rotate=(0,0,1,0,0,0,0,0)

Search the Irfanview-Help for jpg_rotate to read up on the deatails and examples.

currently running 4.56 / 32 bit

Comment

Working...
              X