Imaged blurred when printing via command line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imaged blurred when printing via command line

Howdy - I use a DOS command line to print all the tif and pdf files we have in a particular directory. The files have to be printed in alphabetical order. I collect all the file names via a vbs script and the FOR command to parse each line. I then use "i_view32.exe /print" to print the files individually - one every 6 seconds. Some of the PDFs are blurry, but some are not. I have even tried adding the "/sharpen" switch but that does not help. The interesting part is when I open the blurry PDFs with Irfanview and print them, they look fine. If someone can let me know why the printing through DOS would be blurry, I'd really appreciate it.

Hard to say without having any of the files to see if there are differences. Have you tried printing any of the blurred ones through the graphical interface?
    Its: Belongs to "It"
    It's: Shortened form of "It is"
    ---------------------
    Lose: Fail to keep
    Loose: Not tight

---------------------
    Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

I did a little more investigating and determined the pdf is actually blurry when viewed and printed through the graphical interface. I guess I now need to find out why the pdf looks fine when viewed through Adobe Reader but not in Irfanview. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
      X