Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Capture to clipboard / print option

Hi,

it would be nice to have a screen / window cpature option for copying the captured image directly into the clipboard.

Also capture and print without poping up IV would be nice.

In detail:
    two new options for the "saving" method:
    - clipboard
    - print

One new option:
    keep IrfanView in background

Best regards, Nils.

Originally posted by derniwi View Post
    it would be nice to have a screen / window cpature option for copying the captured image directly into the clipboard.
    What? Doesn't Printscreen work in Windows 7?

Printscreen = capture screen to clipboard
    Alt Prinscreen = capture active window to clipboard

These are universal shortcuts that work without IrfanView being loaded.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

You can create such features using shortcuts with the command line options. And we know you are good with those, derniwi.

Try using some of these:

/capture=
      /clipcopy
      /print=
      /convert=
      /killmesoftly

IrfanView won't even need to be running!

Comment

@Bhikkhu: I think Win7 will support the print key. But what if I like to choose a rectangle and not the whole window or screen?

@Skippybox: that is a good idea...

I created a shortcut to IrfanView and call i_view32.exe with the following parameters:
        i_view32.exe /capture=4 /clipcopy /killmesoftly
        The hotkey is set to <CTRL>-<ALT>-C

Very nice. :-)

Comment

derniwi, Windows 7 has what Microsoft calls the Snipping Tool. It lets you capture the screen - the entire screen or a rectangle.

I had reviewed all new features of Windows 7 on my website, but it is currently down... Giving my ISP a few choice 'Snips' of my mind hasn't helped, so I'm now setting it up all over again with a different ISP.

The Snipping Tool lets you snip the following kinds of screenshots:
          1. Free-form Snip
          2. Rectangular Snip
          3. Window Snip
          4. Full-screen Snip
          Download IrfanView Help Manual from:
          IrfanView Website - Here
          Sam_Zen's Website - Here
          Author's Website - Here

Comment

Thanks for the lead on the Snipping Tool, it was something I had not heard of before. I just tried it on this Vista box and it does actually work.

Something new every day. Thanks!
            I wish to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather.
            Not like those passengers, in his car, when he drove over that cliff.

Comment

Originally posted by ChuckE View Post
              Thanks for the lead on the Snipping Tool, it was something I had not heard of before. I just tried it on this Vista box and it does actually work.

Something new every day. Thanks!
              You're welcome, ChuckE! Does Vista too have the Snipping Tool? I don't know, since I skipped Vista altogether!
              IrfanView Website - Here
              Sam_Zen's Website - Here
              Author's Website - Here

Comment

Originally posted by WellOiledPC View Post
                Does Vista too have the Snipping Tool? I don't know, since I skipped Vista altogether!
                Yes, I said I just tried it on this Vista box.
                I wish to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather.
                Not like those passengers, in his car, when he drove over that cliff.

Comment

Hi,

yes, I've seen the snipping tool. But I haven't looked at it because I also use Windows XP. And I needed one tool for both. :-)

The only "problem" is the "killmesoftly" parameter which closes all IrfanView instances. A simple "quit" seems not to exist...

Regards, Nils.

Comment

The only "problem" is the "killmesoftly" parameter which closes all IrfanView instances. A simple "quit" seems not to exist...
                    You'll have to confuse IrfanView and force it to quit by supplying an ineffectual switch like /convert= with no pathname.

Try:

Code:
                    i_view32.exe /capture=4 /clipcopy /convert=
                    Last edited by Skippybox; 17.12.2009, 09:55 PM.

Comment

Hi,

yes, I've seen the snipping tool. But I haven't looked at it because I also use Windows XP. And I needed one tool for both. :-)

Regards, Nils.
                      Well, your profile displays that you're using Windows 7, hence my suggestion that you use its Snipping Tool...

I do not need to do too many screen captures in one shot, therefore I prefer using PrintScreen, importing the image from clipboard into IrfanView and cutting out my rectangle out of it (a simple Control+Y does that). To remove any edges, usually, Control+Shift+Y is sufficient: however if the edges are in more than one color, Control+Shift+Y doesn't work...

The complete article on the Snipping Tool is now up at http://www.welloiledpc.com/windows7.htm
                      IrfanView Website - Here
                      Sam_Zen's Website - Here
                      Author's Website - Here

Comment

Working...
                      X