color disappears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

color disappears

Thumbnails are in color but image opens in greyscale only (8bits). I have not checked "open in greyscale). Please help me open the image in the original color. Thanks. Michael

What settings have you enabled on the Save as JPG dialogue?

I can reproduce the issue if I do this. Although the image is greyscale, the IrfanView Open File Dialogue shows the previous colour image thumbnail.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Save as Greyscale.png
Views:	1
Size:	16.4 KB
ID:	83357
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Hello
      I am still having this problem even though I have not enabled "save greyscale."

Comment

color disappears

I am fully aware of the "load grayscale" option for jpgs. I swear it is unchecked, yet I too often lose color when opening the file from the thumbnail. I have asked this question before but other than the stock answer no one has really addressed the problem. (I just updated the program as well but it doesn't seem to make a difference.) Please help.
        Michael

Comment

What is your setting for the option "Try to load Exif thumbs for jpeg files"?

Can it be that the files have been converted to grayscale while the embedded preview is still in colour?

Do the images show correctly in other viewers?

Click image for larger version

Name:	iv_thumbExif.png
Views:	1
Size:	13.0 KB
ID:	83444

currently running 4.56 / 32 bit

Comment

Working...
          X