Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Colour wash-out.... Help!!

Hi,

I have just received a OmniVision Digital Image Copier from a seller on Ebay. It came with a disk which contains the disk driver and PhotoImpressions 6. I have been trying to invert the scanned negative into a normal picture, to no avail, so I downloaded Irfanview as recommended in an online forum for other people having the same problems.

I found that Irfanview is a lot more detailed and intuitive, however, when i clicked 'negative', the colours inverted to a very washed out colour. I am scanning from a negative which I initially got processed at a shop and got a print made of, and the colour differnce is just too much to correct, despite attempting to adjust on the colour and contrast balance. Even if i did try to use photoshop to correct the problem, it would just be too time consuming to be worth the effort.

I am new to photography, starting with an analogue camera, and will be scanning a lot. I did not know that the film scanners just take a direct snapshot of the negative, rather than to convert it into a proper image.

Does anyone have the same problem and can suggest a solution? I have been fighting with the computer all day trying to get this scanner to work, and I am seriously considering sending the scanner back to the seller.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated!

Have you tried adjusting the scanner setting?

I hate to say, but a lot of stuff on eBay is there because it was replaced with something that works better. I have an Epson V500 photo scanner that I bought new because my new computer wouldn't accept the old cheap junk I had. I wanted something that would do slides and negatives, as long as I had to get a new one anyway. The Epson is awesome, I've scanned everything from old slides to cigar boxes.
    Its: Belongs to "It"
    It's: Shortened form of "It is"
    ---------------------
    Lose: Fail to keep
    Loose: Not tight

---------------------
    Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

I wonder if the digital negation of a photo has the same algoritm as inverting an analog negative..
      Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Working...
      X