Wrong orientation in thumbnail view

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fixed Wrong orientation in thumbnail view

I have two cameras that I shoot in RAW, Sony a7r3 and Fuji GFX 100. In the exif, they both show as left bottom. Sony's orientation is correct in the thumbnail, but Fuji always displays in landscape. I have downloaded Adobe Bridge and Fuji displays fine.

So why is Fuji not displaying properly in Irfanview's thumbnail browser? Is it the aspect ratio, 4:3? The image resolution, 3000 x 4000?

It would be easier to test with a file. Give us a link to an image on Filebin.net or DropBox
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
      It would be easier to test with a file. Give us a link to an image on Filebin.net or DropBox

Its a medium format image, 200mb. I had to RAR it down to a 87 mb file.

Comment

When I convert the RAW file to JPG, it displays correctly. So it appears Fuji has done something different with this version of their camera file or Irfanview is not interpreting it correctly.

Comment

I can confirm the issue, but I cannot see why it should happen. As you say the orientation is set at Left Bottom, and it displays correctly in IrfanView.

Have you experimented with different sizes and orientations of images with the same camera?

Send a bug report to Irfan Skiljan with a link to the image (or a smaller one if possible).

His email address can be found in Help, About IrfanView.

Let us know what he says and I will update the thread.
          Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I can confirm the issue, but I cannot see why it should happen. As you say the orientation is set at Left Bottom, and it displays correctly in IrfanView.

Have you experimented with different sizes and orientations of images with the same camera?

Send a bug report to Irfan Skiljan with a link to the image (or a smaller one if possible).

His email address can be found in Help, About IrfanView.

Let us know what he says and I will update the thread.
            He gave me a test version and it fixed the thumbnail issue.

Many thanks

Comment

Thanks. Please attach the test version in case someone else runs into this problem and finds this thread.

Comment

Thanks. Please attach the test version in case someone else runs into this problem and finds this thread.
                Attached are the test versions that I have received on 6/2/2020.
                I tested and confirmed x64 works correctly, I have not tested x86.
                I couldn't get the x64 zip to be under the forum file size limit. So I had to RAR it and renamed the extention to ZIP. So if you download the x64 version, you will have to rename the extention back to RAR and unpack it.
                Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for that. Both versions now display the thumbnail of your RAF file in the correct orientation.

I used 7-Zip to compress the contents of each Zip file, which gives better results.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X