Postscript files shown 397 x 561

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forwarded Postscript files shown 397 x 561

I am running Irfanview 4.51 under Windows 7 Professional with Ghostscript 9.26 (latest).
    The 4.51 version of the Irfanview plugins is installed.
    I can open Postscript files, but they always display very small at 397 x 561 pixels.
    Opening the same files directly by Ghostview produces a 4958 x 7017 image.
    Changing the Options > Properties/Settings > Plugins > Postscript Options > Set Image Loading Options
    to 300 x 300 DPI makes no difference!
    Any help greatly appreciated!

No problems here. Archive a couple of the postscript images you're trying to view and attach them to the forum.

If they are more than 1 Mbyte, then upload to DropBox of Filebin.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Thanks for the quick response. I have archived a couple of files - one simple, one large bitmap - at just under 4 Mbyte.
      However, my security software flags Filebin as "very risky". Any alternatives? Is there really much risk from upload??

Comment

Why do we need a large bitmap, or even a small one?

What we need is a postscript file. If it is archived it will probably be under the forum limit of 1.91 Mbytes for 7z archives or 2.86 Mbytes for Zip.

There are no end of file upload sites. Wesendit is another one, but I use Filebin because it is ad-free.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

OK will give it a go! Here is the URL:
          Convenient file sharing. Think of it as Pastebin for files. Registration is not required. Large files are supported.

Thanks again

Comment

32-bit IrfanView has problems decoding them

64-bit IrfanView loads them at 397x561 initially (presumably that is a preview thumbnail).

Scrolling to the next file in the folder then loads the fullsized image. I changed my Postscript settings from 600 to 300 dpi to get the images attached, saving the cover photo as JPG for better compression.

Please send the archive to Irfan Skiljan with a bug report.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 01.01.2019, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Many thanks for looking into this.

<Please send the archive to Irfan Skiljan with a bug report.>

I would be happy to do this, but it is not clear to me as a newbie to this forum how!
              I have looked around the Forum and Home Page, but cannot find any instructions. Would be happy to learn!

Thanks again for the very professional help - it is much appreciated.

Comment

His email address is on the Help menu in IrfanView.

See also the Sticky Thread on Bug Reporting

Comment

Many thanks for you help again.

I have emailed Irfan Skiljan, as requested.

Comment

Working...
                  X