Request: Save option for 'Change canvas size'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Implemented Request: Save option for 'Change canvas size'

I sometimes wish to remove borders from a few pictures or do other manipulations with 'Change canvas size' but if I wish to remember the settings, which I first experimentally determined, I have to write down the 4 values of the corners. That is a bit annoying and not something befitting computer software I think.
    So for that reason it would be handy if you could store a few states for that dialog.

I find that canvas settings are already saved from one file to the next, or even after restarting IrfanView.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Response

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
      I find that canvas settings are already saved from one file to the next, or even after restarting IrfanView.
      Yes but that is only the last settings, so if you have two or more different ones you have to write it down, or I guess you could do something silly and elaborate like writing a script of some sort to remember the settings and inserting them into the .ini and restarting irfanview, but that's a bit extreme.

And talking of those settings, it's also a bit confusing perhaps that the batch mode uses a different format for those crops than the 'live' one, but that's another subject.

Comment

Originally posted by Dabble View Post
        And talking of those settings, it's also a bit confusing perhaps that the batch mode uses a different format for those crops than the 'live' one, but that's another subject.
        It's not a crop, it is a change to the canvas size. The Advance Batch dialogue, Canvas Size dialogue seems to be identical.

You could save the batch settings as a file for different sized borders.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Irfan Skiljan sent me these updated Effects.dll plugins to implement this feature, and to remove any duplicates from the saved Canvas settings.

Let us know if it works for you. It looks OK to me with a quick test.
          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks you, and sorry for the delayed respponse.

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
            Irfan Skiljan sent me these updated Effects.dll plugins to implement this feature, and to remove any duplicates from the saved Canvas settings.

Let us know if it works for you. It looks OK to me with a quick test.
            I completely did not expect to get an immediate custom effect alteration before a new release of Iview, so I neglected to check for a long time.
            So many thanks for the effort to both you and Irfan.
            And sorry for the tardy response.

But anyway, yes it seems to works fine (tested in my 32bit version 4.51), and although you can't name the presets, this system with having the values as name might have advantages since you would at some point forget what your preset names were if you made enough of them I guess. Plus it's quicker than naming.

Comment

Working...
            X