2 dialog pages are suddenly full screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved 2 dialog pages are suddenly full screen

This started recently a week or two ago. I may have accidentally clicked on something to make it do this, but I can't find a way to undo it. Both the Save-as dialog and the Batch conversion (rename, etc) dialogs** now are maximized so it fills the entire screen on my monitor. In the upper right corner, there's only the X to close it, not the minimize and maximize options that appear on most Windows pages. When I start the dialog, the dots appear in the lower right corner that usually let you resize a window, but when I touch that with the cursor the dots disappear and I cannot move the corner. The resize arrow appears when the cursor is at the edge, but it doesn't grab on and let me drag it to be smaller.
    ** Also the File Open dialog

I was at Irfanview version 4.52 64 bit when this started and just updated to 4.54. That did not cure the problem. My system is Win10 x64, Fall Creator/March 2019 update, v 1909, last major update 6/20/19; 2020-01 NET framework update 2/8/20; 2020-01 monthly update 2/8/20. Since my last update date was 1/15/20, I thought perhaps it could be a Windows issue; I just ran the updates again and it's still happening.

This isn't a critical problem, as Irfanview still works fine. It is quite annoying though, to have the screen effectively taken over by the dialog page. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by marjorymb; 08.02.2020, 06:00 PM.

Double-click the dialog's window title bar.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
      Double-click the dialog's window title bar.
      Aha - and that's what I must have done to cause it. Thanks for the quick reply!

Comment

Working...
      X