Invert selection feature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Supported Invert selection feature

Every now and then, I find the need to be able to invert a selection.

Example use case: I could highlight a region in a screenshot by applying a (brightening, blurring, ...) filter on all other areas of the screenshot.
    This would be easy if I could select the region of interest --> invert selection --> apply filter.

I found an old thread mentioning the same request, from 2007: https://irfanview-forum.de/showthread.php?t=30

Any interest in adding a feature like this?

Originally posted by wwwald View Post
    Every now and then, I find the need to be able to invert a selection.

Example use case: I could highlight a region in a screenshot by applying a (brightening, blurring, ...) filter on all other areas of the screenshot.
    This would be easy if I could select the region of interest --> invert selection --> apply filter.

I found an old thread mentioning the same request, from 2007: https://irfanview-forum.de/showthread.php?t=30

Any interest in adding a feature like this?
    Just come here to request exactly this. Seems like it would be a simple enough addition and have a need for it surprisingly often, so end up having to open up Gimp instead.

Comment

The developer of IrfanView does not read this forum.
      If you found a bug or have a feature request you need to write him an email. See Help > About for his mail adress.
      Win 10/64 Home 22H2 IrfanView 4.66/64
      Hate has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet. (Maya Angelou)

Comment

Please let us know if you have sent the request to Irfan Skiljan, and what his response was. Then I will update the thread.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Kuki Dent View Post
          The developer of IrfanView does not read this forum.
          If you found a bug or have a feature request you need to write him an email. See Help > About for his mail adress.
          What's the point of a feature request section in the forum then?

Comment

Originally posted by JDPower View Post
            What's the point of a feature request section in the forum then?
            One could also ask, “What is the point of Sticky Threads?”
            Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
            X