Print large images over multiple pages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Print large images over multiple pages

Some images are too large to be usefully printed on a single sheet of paper. Whilst it would be possible to manually select segments of the image to separate files and to print them individually, it would be great if you could ask Irfanview to split the image into say two or four and so on and to print each segment on a separate sheet, borderlessly, at least on the sides that join together.

Save the image as a PDF file and print tiled pages using PDF-XChange Viewer

A feature like this probably needs far too much code to be worth adding to a light-weight free image viewer like IrfanView.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by grahamt View Post
      Some images are too large to be usefully printed on a single sheet of paper. Whilst it would be possible to manually select segments of the image to separate files and to print them individually, it would be great if you could ask Irfanview to split the image into say two or four and so on and to print each segment on a separate sheet, borderlessly, at least on the sides that join together.
      You do not need to save the segments to separate files. If a selection box is on screen, Irfanview will just print what is in the box. You have to position the selection box manually for each sheet printed of course but can use custom selection feature to help. I have often split images over 4 or 6 sheets this way. It is quicker than finding another application to do it.

Comment

Very Interesting, Thanks Mij! I aim to try that out sometime soon!
        Download IrfanView Help Manual from:
        IrfanView Website - Here
        Sam_Zen's Website - Here
        Author's Website - Here

Comment

Yes, it is quite easy if you use the hotkeys.

For example fora 2x2 sheet image I would press Ctrl+H, Ctrl+A, Shift+C
          In the Custom selection dialog X and Y will both show 0, Width and Height show the full image width and height in Pixels.
          Divide the figure in the Width box by 2 and enter that instead, same with height. Press Apply to image. Ctrl+P and print sheet 1.
          Shift+C again, X=0, Y=width, Apply to image , Ctrl+P and print sheet 2.
          Shift+C again, X=height, Y=0, Apply to image , Ctrl+P and print sheet 3.
          Shift+C again, X=height, Y=width, Apply to image , Ctrl+P and print sheet 4. Job done.

If the full height or width are not an exact multiple of the number of sheet across or down (usually the case for x3), then I add a few pixels of canvas to the width and/or height first to make it exact. That prevents the last sheets being a slightly different size or scale.

Comment

Working...
          X