Captions in thumbnail view?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Captions in thumbnail view?

Sorry if this has been answered already, but I searched and couldn't find anything.

I've been able to add the caption to the slideshow and image viewer screens using $I120. I'd like to be able to see the caption below the images on the thumbnail view along with the file name. Is that possible?

Thanks!
    Bill

You can set the mouseover thumbnail option to show the IPTC Caption.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Thumbnail Tooltip.png
Views:	1
Size:	2.1 KB
ID:	83307
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Captions in Thumbnail view?

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
      You can set the mouseover thumbnail option to show the IPTC Caption.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5618[/ATTACH]
      Thanks for the reply. I have already done this, but it really doesn't help much. If I have a folder with hundreds of pictures, I have to thumb over every thumbnail to find the one I want. It would be much easier if the caption could actually be shown under the thumbnail like the file name is.

Can that be done?

Thanks,
      Bill

Comment

If you know the caption or part if it, you can search the IPTC and Exif data. Just press CTRL+F and have a look at the options.

currently running 4.56 / 32 bit

Comment

Thanks Jazzman. I knew I could do this, but still not quite as easy. So from the responses so far I gather it isn't possible to show the caption under the image in thumbnail view. Oh well... it was just wishful thinking.

Thanks
          Bill

Comment

Working...
          X