Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One's favorite utilities? like what SIW, or NetScan, or MS Word? ???
    Or are you talking about one's IrfanView commands? which is more reasonable.

To add in any utility, sounds like you want IV (IrfanView) to be a launch application, and that is not what most users would want. We (speaking for most users... I think) want IV to be a fast graphic viewer with some extras. Bogging it down to become a launch application is a waste of code and time.

However, if you are wanting IV to add features like selected internal commands to be added to the toolbar, then that's reasonable.

I don't see why you need a crop function added to the toolbar, though. Any mouse-click and drag, on an open image, will permit a simple Ctrl-Y to crop anything you want.
    I wish to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather.
    Not like those passengers, in his car, when he drove over that cliff.

Comment

Hi Tony,

When you use IrfanView for a long time, there's no need for the toolbar anymore (and have IV to show even simpler and basicly on your screen). Particular if you learn the shortkeys by heart.

Hit 'P' and select Miscellaneous. You can browse to 3 programs to startup loading IrfanViews content at that moment (using Shift»E for the top-program). Or from the menu File»Open with external editor.

Comment

Originally posted by AbsoluteTony View Post
        It is possible to have the option to put one's favourite utilities on the tool bar or, if that's too tricky, can the "Crop" option be added as one of the options.

Thanks
        I counted 122 Hot Keys in IrfanView Version 4.25! While that may take too long to learn by heart, I'm sure it's easy to learn by heart the Hot Keys for all your favorite IrfanView features!

Even if you don't remember some of them, its real easy to click Alt+the highlighted Alphabet of any of the Menu Items, to have it roll down! For example, Alt+E opens the Edit Menu!

The Crop and Auto Crop Borders are one of my favorites too - Crop is Control+Y and Auto Crop Borders is Control+Shift+Y! Its a whole lot faster working with Hot Keys, than working with an Icon that needs to be clicked, in fact!
        Download IrfanView Help Manual from:
        IrfanView Website - Here
        Sam_Zen's Website - Here
        Author's Website - Here

Comment

I am certainly a believer in hotkeys, but a toolbar can be just as handy. I have a feeling Irfan might change the toolbar one of these days, so maybe your idea will come to fruition. Still, to map all the countless functions in a customize interface would be a challenge for Irfan. It no doubt would be powerful, but it could also turn off some users who might find it pretty time consuming themselves. In the meantime, make a cheat sheet of your important hotkeys and try to master them.

Comment

For me toolbar customization is very important. I want there a scan button, zoom button and much more.. I think toolbar customization like in total commander is perfect.
            You choose which command you want that the button will perform, choose an icon for it (You can choose an icon from any DLL or EXE or ICO file), and also a tooltip for a button.
            Here found a picture - http://www.cab-soft.com/img/nwf/nfw_total.gif

Comment

More pictures here: http://members.casema.nl/sve/totalcm...n/werkbalk.htm
              I've just made it a sport in IrfanView not using the toolbar at all (Alt»Shift»T). Irfan has put in so many shortkeys in his program, just like Christian Ghisler did in TotalCMD. Just to help us to be as fast as the program's themselves.

Comment

Add "100%" and "Fit to Window" buttons to button bar.

There are 2 things I think many of us use quite often: the need to see an image at 100% ("full size") and "fit to window" in a short time BUT we usually have to get into the "View > Display Options" to do it. I really would like a 1 click solution. So, please add "100%" (or Full Size) and "Fit to Window" buttons to button/tool bar. I would place these next to the Zoom buttons.

Comment

Is there a way to get the F key to function in the same way in full screen mode as it does in window mode? (switch between fit screen and 100%)
                  In full screen mode it cycles through various display sizes
                  Last edited by rocsen; 09.01.2010, 08:53 PM.

Comment

No. F1 for Help. 1/2 to switch between fit to screen and original size

1 Full screen mode: Show images/movies with the original size (1:1)
                    2 Full screen mode: Fit to screen: large images only
                    3 Full screen mode: Fit to screen: all images/movies
                    4 Full screen mode: Stretch all images/movies to screen
                    5 Full screen mode: Fit image width to screen width
                    6 Full screen mode: Fit image height to screen height
                    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

It has been discussed here in general terms (the best would be to have a customizable toolbar), but it seems that it won't be done.
                      IrfanPaint developer
                      The latest stable IrfanPaint version is the 0.4.13.70.
                      IrfanPaint is now open-source (released under BSD license).

Comment

Orientation

Hi, any chance of having facility to place left / right orientation buttons on the toobar?

Comment

I would like to support this request. The current "View at 100%" behaviour is that it will resize IrfanView's window. We need a feature (and a very important button on the toolbar) that will resize the picture to 100% and yet doesn't resize the window. This is the only major stumbling block that keeps me from mantaining IrfanView as my default photo viewer.

Comment

Originally posted by superbarney View Post
                            I would like to support this request. The current "View at 100%" behaviour is that it will resize IrfanView's window. We need a feature (and a very important button on the toolbar) that will resize the picture to 100% and yet doesn't resize the window. This is the only major stumbling block that keeps me from mantaining IrfanView as my default photo viewer.
                            Then you should immediately switch to using IrfanView as your default viewer because this behaviour is already available.

From the View menu, Display Options, select "Do not fit anything." To zoom to the original size use Ctrl H.
                            Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I need the picture to fit inside the window size that I've set. Do Not Fit Anything will display the picture at 100% all the time.

Ctrl-H is what I need when I'm using Fit Big Images to Window but would be infinitely more useful if it could undo the magnification back to the "Fit to Window" size. Thanks for the tip though.

Comment

Originally posted by superbarney View Post
                                I need the picture to fit inside the window size that I've set. Do Not Fit Anything will display the picture at 100% all the time.

Ctrl-H is what I need when I'm using Fit Big Images to Window but would be infinitely more useful if it could undo the magnification back to the "Fit to Window" size. Thanks for the tip though.
                                Do not fit anything will allow you to zoom the picture to whatever size you wish, without resizing the window. If you want to size the image to the Window, then use Shift W. Then Ctrl H will resize to 100%.

Comment

Working...
                                X