Slideshow - Random with MP3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slideshow - Random with MP3

More of a "quirk" than a bug... If one creates a random slideshow with audio, the audio won't play right away. The MP3 files are processed in-line with the image files, rather than in "parallel." In a normal slideshow, putting the MP3 file as the first one in the list works, but in a random slideshow one can't specify which file is "first in the list." The files are selected at random for execution, so the audio won't start playing until its file is randomly selected. The slideshow could play most of the way through the first time, before the audio even started. A "work-around" I've found is to start the slideshow, then hold down the forward arrow key until the audio starts playing, and then release the key and let the slideshow run on its own after that. This happens in both regular slideshows and .exe slideshows. Also, and more minor: on a continuous slideshow, since the files are processed in-line, whenever the audio file is selected again, the audio starts over from the beginning, rather than running in an actual continuous loop.
    Last edited by inctrl; 15.04.2014, 02:53 PM.

As you say, it's not a bug. It is just a random bug report so I moved it to the support forum.

I think you should look for a work-around like ensuring that each picture has an MP3 file associated with it. Use short MP3 files to keep the slideshow down a reasonable size.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I'd put it half-way between :-) ... it doesn't make the program not work, but it doesn't work as it should, or as the Help screen says [the Help screen is correct for a regular slideshow, but doesn't address the audio with random slideshows.]

Thanks for your work-around suggestion, however I'm not using the slideshow feature for a presentation, but rather for a "retrospective" on a display table during a reception after an awards ceremony, so I've got about five-hundred images, each of which will be displayed for only a few seconds. No one's going to watch the whole thing, it's just another display item as people go past.

For what I'm doing, my work-around of rapidly scrolling through to get to the audio seems to work best. I hadn't thought of your way, but that would work well if the slides were being displayed for longer periods.

Thanks for your suggestion... Irfanview is a great program.

Comment

Working...
      X