Multiple windows, HELP!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved Multiple windows, HELP!!

I've been using Irfan View for YEARS!! Best program ever! I recently uninstalled old versions and upgraded to the most recent one of 4.37. Everything is fine except every time I open a new photo or click on an icon to open another file..... it opens in a new window! Every time. I end up with multiple windows open across the bottom of my screen. I've gone over and OVER every preference and setting and option I can find and for the LIFE OF ME, I cannot seem to find any option to open files in the SAME WINDOW!! It's driving me crazy (okay, crazier).

Can someone tell me how to fix this so I can go back to enjoying this program like I have for so many years?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!

Many thanks,
    Tom D.

Start/Exit options, only 1 instance active.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Well, that was simple enough. Never would have thought it would be called that!! Thank you VERY MUCH for your help!! Now I can go back to enjoying this program that has been a part of my life for MANY years. THANKS AGAIN!!

Comment

If you are browsing your image files with Windows Explorer or some other file manager, you can always open one simply by dragging the file name or icon from Explorer and dropping it into an existing Irfanview window, whether or not that "only 1 instance active" option is set. It is only when you open images by double clicking them that a new Irfanview window opens.

It's sometimes useful to have 2 or more Irfanview windows open together so that you can compare pictures or copy and paste selections from one to the other.

Comment

Working...
        X