DJVU files do not display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no bug DJVU files do not display

I occasionally had a .DJVU files that IRFANVIEW would not show. I knew it was covered in the Plugins, which I had.
    But I've now received several .DJVU files I want to see. I refreshed (downloaded and installed) both the plugins and
    IRFANVIEW to today's version (both are 4.37)

IRFANVIEW comes up with the error message: "myfile.djvu: Decode error! .. ByteStream.open_failp0001.djvu No such file or directory"

Both the program and plugins were installed to 'c:\program files (x86)\irfanview'. I confirmed that "I_view32.exe" is dated 01/30/2014 18:56
    and Djvu.dll, (the only file with 'djvu' in the name), in the Plugins directory, is dated 4/15/2014, today's date.

Is there something else that should've been done? Is there anything else needed for clues to why?

Thanks,
    Bob K.

If you can view some djvu files, but not all, then the problem may lie with the file using features not supported by the plugin.

Have you tried other djvu viewers?
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I rarely have seen a DJVU file and assumed Irfanview should have shown it. It was from a European site (forget where)

I downloaded and ran WinDJview, and the file came up empty (white, no content) and NO error message.
      I also downloaded a valid DJVU file that WinDJview showed the content, AND so did Ifranview..

So, perhaps there is a problem with the file, but the error message from Irfanview (or the plugin) is either bad or misleading. I interpreted that message as the software failed: "Decode error" .. and ".. couldn't find the file or directory" ..

What the error message should've said, "Invalid Djvu file", or "Invalid code in file", or such - and what does "couldn't find the file" mean?!?!

Comment

If the DjVu file doesn't display in dedicated DjVu file viewer, then it's probably faulty. Not knowing the nature of DjVu files I wouldn't be surprised if it's trying to access some dodgy content such as malware, which has since been removed. PDF files show a warning if you try to access linked content.

Whatever, it's not a bug in IrfanView, or if it is no one can test it without the file, and I cannot recommend loading files from unknown sites.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
        X