Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Undo file operations renaming, delete and moving

Hi.

I happens to deletes files (to recycle bin) because my fingers is faster to find the delete button than my head can think

Therefore I would love to be able to undo file operations that is performed from within IV, rather than spending time looking through the recycler folder, or whenever the file went off.

Thanks
    If it hurts not to drint, don't waste the bottle then.

Hi!

Do you know an image viewer that can actually do that?
    IrfanView 4.62 64-bit

Comment

I can't recall ever using any software with that option. That's what Recycle Bin is for. I have the files in it arranged by 'Date Deleted', not by name; that way I never have trouble finding the file I've just deleted.

Comment

Sprintdriver, seems to me that until you have got those fingers under control you need to check the box in the File handling tab of the Options to "Ask me before deleting files".

Comment

Originally posted by Jacal View Post
          Hi!

Do you know an image viewer that can actually do that?
          No, but why can't IV be the first?

Originally posted by Gownaar View Post
          I can't recall ever using any software with that option. That's what Recycle Bin is for. I have the files in it arranged by 'Date Deleted', not by name; that way I never have trouble finding the file I've just deleted.
          Sure I will find any file I accidentlly move - sooner or later. Maybe sooner if I'm used to go look for files all the time. I still think an undo option is a faster way to undo your file move/rename.

Originally posted by Mij View Post
          Sprintdriver, seems to me that until you have got those fingers under control you need to check the box in the File handling tab of the Options to "Ask me before deleting files".
          Please don't mock my fingers

That is three thumbs-down to the suggestion I see. However, I haven't seen any actual explanation why such an undo feature should be rejected.
          If it hurts not to drint, don't waste the bottle then.

Comment

Working...
          X