Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to auto-remember last window size + position at exit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to auto-remember last window size + position at exit?

How can I tell IrfanViewer to automatically remember the current window position and size at exit?

... and restore it automatically at next startup?

Peter

There is a checkbox in Options, Settings, Viewing: Remember the last window size (on program exit)
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Ok, thank you.

And how do I let IV NOT auto-save the last win size+pos before exit but auto-remember the CURRENT win pos+size?
      This win pos+size should be automatically used at next start regardless of which moves and resizes I perform after save operation.

Comment

Originally posted by pstein View Post
        Ok, thank you.

And how do I let IV NOT auto-save the last win size+pos before exit but auto-remember the CURRENT win pos+size?
        This win pos+size should be automatically used at next start regardless of which moves and resizes I perform after save operation.
        Use the startup switch on the IrfanView shortcut:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\IrfanView\i_view32.exe" pos=(x,y) where x and y are the position you want.

The Window remembers it's position while it's open, wherever it's moved to unless you check centre window in Options.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Hello,

is the portable version also supposed to remember the last window size/position on exit?

I'm using a portable version of IrfanView 4.51 (32-bit) on Windows 7 (Dual Screen) and it won't remember the last window size/position on exit even though I have the checkbox 'Remember the last window size (on program exit)' checked. Is there anything I can try to fix it? Thank you.

Update:

I'm sorry I'm afraid my initial question was misleading. I've just noticed that the program does start in the right (the last x-y) position! The actual problem is/was the height of the window. Even though the height value being stored in the .ini file the window height is not kept for the next start.
          Last edited by Ahu Lee; 23.11.2018, 08:58 AM.

Comment

Irfanview version 4.62, 64bit: The option has been reworded to: "Remember the last window size (on program exit, depends on display option)". What is the DISPLAY option being talked about?

Comment

Originally posted by joefiesta View Post
              Irfanview version 4.62, 64bit: The option has been reworded to: "Remember the last window size (on program exit, depends on display option)". What is the DISPLAY option being talked about?
              See the View menu, Display Options.

Comment

Working...
              X