No announcement yet.

Mouse r-click does not offer context menu (for paste etc) after re-install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved Mouse r-click does not offer context menu (for paste etc) after re-install

I have just re-installed Windows 7 on a new disk and downloaded IV and installed it.

Previously, if I had an image on the clipboard, I r-clicked inside the IV image area, and the Windows "context menu" opened, and I could select Paste and other things.

But now, when I r-click, all I get is the cursor changes to a hand.

Is this some setting I have un-knowingly changed as part of the re-install? And is there some configuration file I may have missed? I brought across C:\Users\My_name\Documents and C:\Users\My_name\AppData.
    Last edited by John_Ha; 29.06.2014, 07:30 PM. Reason: Trying - unsucessfully - to add Solved to the main topic list!

Sorry - I didn't do enough research.

It is a configuration setting - Properties > Viewing > Use right mouse button for context menu (Default is scrolling). The configuration data is stored in C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\IrfanView\i_view32.i ni and I didn't bring it across :-(.

I cannot find how to edit the original post to Solved - even after checking out the Solved sticky. I don't have the Solved pulldown choice when editing the post. I did have it when I created the post, when I didn't need it; but now I want it, I cannot find any way to get it back.
    Last edited by John_Ha; 29.06.2014, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X