Irfan View 4.38 does not support Gimp 2.8 XCF format

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Irfan View 4.38 does not support Gimp 2.8 XCF format

In my profile, I chose Irfan View 4.37 since there was no listing for 4.38.

Although I have the ImXCF.dll plugin, it seems it does not support the latest GIMP XCF format.

Error Message:

...\caravan.xcf: Decode error!
    ImXCF error - 597: XCF file version not supported.

Just thought y'all would like to know.

rmfr
    What's the difference between a good friend and best friend? A good friend will come down and bail you out of jail. A best friend will be in jail with you saying, "Dude, we messed up."

I suggest sending a report to Irfan with a test file.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Do the problematic files contain layer groups?
      IrfanView 4.62 64-bit

Comment

Layer groups are changing the version number to v003. This version is supported in the meantime. There is an update of the ImXCF plugin on the forum of the contributor.

Comment

I can confirm that, with ImXCF.dll version 1.11, IrfanView can display my XCF files with layer groups.
          IrfanView 4.62 64-bit

Comment

i get the exact same error with irfanview 4.42 32bit and latest plugin pack. i tried to update to imxcf version 1.14, but now the plugin is not being recognized anymore.

also this plugin seems to be for paint.net only: http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php...-xcfgz-xcfbz2/

Comment

Working...
            X