• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Additional print option for shrinking oversized image

Currently IrfanView provides the following print options:
    - Original size
    - Best fit to page
    - Stretch to page

Would it be possible to add a new option for shrinking an image (best fit the image) only if the image size is larger than the page size?

Thanks and Regards,
    Kevin

I am struggling to understand how this would be any different to Original Size if the image is smaller than the page. I see only three possible cases:

1. Image is smaller than the page: print at original size
    2. Image is smaller than the page: print at best fit to page.
    3. Image is bigger than the page: print at best fit to page.

The only other case is to scale to a custom size, which is already available too.
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 16.07.2014, 08:47 AM.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Yes, those options are already good enough if printing an image manually.

However, for my case, I need to print the images programmatically by using command: "C:\Program Files\IrfanView\i_view32.exe" "%1" /print

If the image is bigger than the page, I want it to be printed at best fit to page, otherwise I want it to be printed at original size.

I can specify either Option=0 or Option=1 in i_view32.ini, but this would not achieve the goal, and so I would like to suggest having the additional print option.

Regards,
      Kevin

Comment

Working...
      X