Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved pdf will not save, starting today only

I have version 4.37 of Irfanview.
    I installed this version more than a month ago, and have cropped my photos hundreds of times with NO problem, until today.
    (I have made NO changes to anything on my computer during the last few days.)
    I do a LOT of cropping to my photos (using Ctrl + X and Ctrl + Y) and save the photos to the same directory that they are currently in.
    Only starting today, when I do a Ctrl + X or a Ctrl + Y and save, the photos do NOT change. When viewed after the "save", the crops that I attempt do not take place.
    (I still get the same message when saving, "Replace file: filename? Yes No" and when I press "Yes" the file stays the same without changing.)

I have rebooted my computer, twice, and start working with Irfanview before using any other programs, but it still doesn't do my crops.

Anyone's help will be much appreciated.

UPDATE:
    I just found out that if I try to crop a photo in another directory, then Irfanview works as it should.
    And if I move the photo out of the original directory (in which it is not working) to another directory, then Irfanview will crop the photo.
    Yesterday, I was cropping a lot of photos (more than twenty) in the original directory, but today (even after I re-booted) none of the photos (in the original directory) would crop (Irfanview would not save the cropped photos, but kept the uncropped photos).
    But the same photo, if moved to another directory will crop and save.
    ??

SECOND UPDATE:
    After much experimenting, I found out that these files had a "space" as the first character of the filename. I had used a "mass renamer" program to change the filenames and (without my knowing it) I had a space at the beginning of the filename.
    When I deleted the space, Irfanview was able to save my newly cropped photos.
    So, everything is now alright and working well.
    Last edited by nr16020; 23.07.2014, 06:47 PM.

Thanks for the feedback. I am glad you were able to solve the problem for yourself.

Note that the latest version is 4.38. I recommend upgrading. Update your forum profile too.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
    X