.PJG PackJPG viewing support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested .PJG PackJPG viewing support

Hello. I want request support for direct viewing PackJPG.

At last I'm registered and can second the request!
    I think the option could be implemented with a DOSish batch file - has anyone written one? But I read that batch files may not be supported in Windows much longer, so a straight-forward IrfanView plugin would be preferable.

Comment

Seems like another useless format that most people will never use.

XnView Forum Thread

JPEG 2000 has barely caught on. Why? Because its wavelet decompression is slow, the same problem that JPGPack seems to suffer from. If you want to save space with JPG, use a slightly lower quality. The difference in quality between 100 and 95 or 90 is barely noticeable but the file size will be significantly smaller. The Pro Image Collections I have use a setting of 95 (estimated by IrfanView).

100 = 8.03 Mbytes (100%)
      95 = 5.56 Mbytes (69%)
      90 = 2.88 Mbytes (36%)
      Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I am interested in using PackJPG with the Jpeg files that my camera produces, since it seems to allow me to fit a few more of them onto an archive DVD in a way that preserves the originals exactly. Incidentally, I thought the problem with JPEG 2000 was a copyright issue. No-one (except the lawyers) wants to get involved in one of those messes!

Comment

Working...
        X