"Open in Windows Explorer" in Thumbnails doesn't work with WIN98

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reported "Open in Windows Explorer" in Thumbnails doesn't work with WIN98

When selecting "Open in Windows Explorer" nothing happens...

Windows 98 - Irfanview Thumbnails 4.37

Anyway, thanks for all...

It works OK on Windows 7. I don't see any reason for the latest version to support Windows XP, let alone Windows 98. I know there's still a few users still using these old Operating Systems, but according to WC3 Browser stats, only 0.1% were using Windows 98 in December 2008, and stats are no longer listed.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

XP is still one of the most used OSes. The stats you linked to are heavily biased; it clearly says "collected from W3Schools' log-files", meaning in practice that those are not the stats for general population but only the part that's learning web development. These are the real numbers, from a site widely accepted as a reliable source of unbiased stats: OS market share (June 2014)

Comment

Originally posted by Gownaar View Post
        XP is still one of the most used OSes
        OK, then, but Windows 98 doesn't even register on that chart and the proportion of users is just 0.01%, even less than the site that I referred to, so if this bug does not affect Windows XP is it worth fixing?
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Not really, Win98 is indeed practically extinct. Pinza, is your hardware really that old? PII/128 MB RAM is enough to run XP. If you stick with Win98, IrfanView will be the least of your problems.

Comment

Since so few of us still have Windows 98 we cannot check this. It works with my Windows 7 set to Win98 compatibility mode but that is not definitive.

I am more surprised that you want to use the feature at all since it only applies to folders in the "tree" on the left of the Thumbnails window. I have not used it before in nearly 20 years. In truth, did not even know it was there. What do you want to use it for pinza?

Comment

I can confirm the "problem". For some reason it can open "My documents" in explorer, but no other folder. In windows 2000 everything is OK. Tested on virtual machines.
              Last edited by Jacal; 26.07.2014, 08:45 PM.
              IrfanView 4.62 64-bit

Comment

Working...
              X