Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to blank out parts of text in image please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved How to blank out parts of text in image please?

Hello all, please see my attached review, it is a screenshot of one of my reviews which I have posted on my site here:

I wish to blank out the last name and street address of each person who gave the reviews, for security purposes. Looking at the EDIT menu in the Help files I am not seeing an option for this, can anyone direct me to exactly which section in the help files will allow me to edit my images please?
    Attached Files

I assume we are talking about blanking the name and address on a screenshot image, not on the website itself.

If so there are several different methods available, but if you have a lot of them to blank out the quickest for you would be to use the "Cut selection" feature.

First you need to set the "Cut" background color to white, the same as your image background. Select the Browsing/Editing tab of the Properties dialog from the Options menu.
    Opposite "Background color for Cut:" click on "Choose" and select the small white sample square on the "Color" dialog that appears. (See image below)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Set Cut color.png
Views:	1
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	81120

Click both the OK buttons and you have set the color.

Then for each name and address all you need to do is click and drag a selection box around it and from the Edit menu click "Cut - selection", or you can use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + X.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Draw selection box.png
Views:	1
Size:	7.0 KB
ID:	81121

Make sure you click on the image somewhere outside the selection box to remove it from the screen before you finally save your modified image.
    Last edited by Mij; 29.07.2014, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Got it done, thank you very much!

Comment

Working...
      X