Accented letters do not appear correctly in slide show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reported Accented letters do not appear correctly in slide show

I am using irfanview version 4.37 on Windows 7 Ultimate, with all plugins installed.
    When running (within irfanview) a slideshow in full screen of a photo album created with picasa, with captions containing french-accented letters, it appears that at least one accented letter -- but unfortunately the most common in French -- the e with acute accent i.e. "é", presumably coded 0xE9, is NOT properly displayed (a question mark in a rhombus is displayed instead). Many other accented letters show properly.
    (To get captions entered with picasa, I set in irfanview the text to be displayed to $I120.)
    (Choosing French language in irfanview (Options - Change language - French) does not make any difference in the captions).
    Does anyone have a clue what is causing this ?

Try changing the font in Full Screen options.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I can confirm the problem in IV 4.38. The fault seems to be with the unicode plugin. Changing the font doesn't help (tried unicode/ansi fonts). Unchecking the two 'Allow Unicode Plugin' checkboxes in IPCT options fixes the issue for IPCT data viewing/editing but does nothing for the slideshow. I did find two ways around the problem: remove the unicode plugin (Ansi2Unicode.dll) or save the slideshow as exe.
      Last edited by Gownaar; 04.08.2014, 06:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X