• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reported by a user in the German Forum, try this remedy:

Originally posted by hevolkmar
    If you still have the problem, try the following procedure:

1. Load image/graphic
    2. F12
    3. In the paint bar in the upper left corner, activate the arrow and click in the main IV window or in the graphic.
    4. Only then work with paint!

It works for me now thanks to 3. Flawless.
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 18.05.2018, 04:56 PM.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
      Then use a very old version ...
      That is an option of course. Another option is to use Stoneview or XnViewMP

Comment

Originally posted by aguayajo View Post
        That is an option of course. Another option is to use Stoneview or XnViewMP
        Do you think I care? I always use whichever tool is best for the job that I want to do.

Irfan Skiljan has known about the issue for years, but the plugin author has moved on to other things, so I don't know what more he can do to make it more stable.

It might be an issue with particular graphic cards, or who knows what?

Posting here on this user-to-user forum has no effect. Reporting a well known bug again to Irfan Skiljan will also likely have no effect. If there is anything he could do to fix this he probably would have done it by now. This is his reply from two years ago.

Originally posted by Irfan Skiljan
        For the big things on the TODO list: I will first try to fix the Paint plugin crashes (on some systems), then try to port IrfanView to unicode ... they are very important things, important for many users.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

XnViewMP is NOT an alternative to IrFan... Irfan is fast, simple, intuitive not overloaded with options not very useful...
          SO... nothing, agua y ajo.

Comment

What's wrong with using an old version of IrfanView? You only need to add another shortcut, and associate images with whichever version you use the most.

I have 32-bit and 64-bit versions of 4.51 installed, and only use the latter occasionally. I also have 4.44 installed for testing purposes.

Comment

IrfanView 64-bit app has stopped working on "undo" paint action

Hello, I have found a bug and I'm able to reproduce it in two computers. Here are the steps:

1. In Microsoft store, download "IrfanView64" app
              2. Launch the app
              3. Open any image
              4. Press F12 to open "Paint"
              5. Use the "Rectangle" tool to draw something on the image
              6. "Undo" the action

At this point, IrfanView would crash.

Current version is 4.50

Thanks

Comment

I suggest installing IrfanView 64-bit and the plugins for it from the IrfanView website.
                Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 20.07.2018, 05:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X