X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crash on Running Paint Plugin

Hi!
    I have a similar problem: When I press keyboard button F12 - nothing happens (there is no paint dialog). But when I'm choosing the menu Edit-> Show pain dialog, Irfanview app crashes, look at the screens.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Clip_03082014_121306.png
Views:	1
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	84675

Name:	Clip_03082014_121315.png
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	84676

Name:	Clip_03082014_121329.png
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	84677
    PS. Sorry for Russian screens

IrfanView 4.38 + All plugins installed.
    File Paint.dll is in place, ver. 0.4.13.70 (path = c:\Program Files (x86)\IrfanView\Plugins\Paint.dll)
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64.

Please help!

Hello!
    Are there solution for the problem?

Comment

Have you sent a bug report to Irfan yet? That's what I suggest. No one else seems to be having the problem.
      Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
        No one else seems to be having the problem.
        I have the same problem on Win 8.1 x64 with the same Exception code & offset:

Autoamatic translate to english:

The name of the failing application: i_view32.exe version: 4.3.8.0, time stamp: 0x53a53e02
        The name of the failing module: PAINT.DLL version: 0.4.13.70, time stamp: 0x4c5206ff
        Exception code: 0xc0000005
        Offset error: 0x00017dc3
        The ID of the failed process: 0x18f0
        The start time of the faulting application: 0x01d04c810c21ee4a
        The way a misbehaving application: C:\Programs\IrfanView\i_view32.exe
        The path of the failed module: C:\Programs\IrfanView\Plugins\PAINT.DLL
        Report ID: 50e7adbd-b874-11e4-8266-ac7ba1542a62
        The full name of the offending package:
        The application code associated with the failed package:

Comment

Please see the Reporting Bugs Thread

Perhaps Greeneyes already sent a bug report, but no one said what the reply was.
          Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 22.03.2015, 03:30 PM.
          Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I got a reply from Irfan Skiljan about this bug.

Since it is not his plug-in it is not easy for him to fix. He suggests running IrfanView in XP-SP3 compatibility mode on 64-bit systems.

Comment

He suggests running IrfanView in XP-SP3 compatibility mode on 64-bit systems.
              I try it.

Paint.dll still crashes with enabled XP-SP3 compatibility mode for IrfanView.

Comment

I wonder why your IrfanView is installed in C:\Programs\ and not in C:\Program Files (x86) — is that a Windows 8 thing?

Comment

is that a Windows 8 thing?
                  Yes, it is Win 8.1 x64 Single Language.

I changed destination folder while install.

Reinstall to default folder?

Comment

Irfanview 4.42 64-bit crashes when I use Paint tools

Hello,
                    When I use the "Paint menu" (text to an image, the arrow to the picture), the program always crashes :-(

Name:	100.png
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	81412

Comment

Not much that Irfan Skiljan can do about this. The IrfanPaint developer stopped work on it. Just use the 32-bit version for most tasks. 64-bit is only needed for huge images.

See this earlier thread

Comment

Irfan Skiljan is aware of the crashing issues with the Paint plugin. This is his latest response:

For the big things on the TODO list: I will first try to fix the Paint plugin crashes (on some systems), then try to port IrfanView to unicode ... they are very important things, important for many users.

Comment

Paint Dialog ongiong issues

I've been a rabid user of IrFanView for many years and I rarely complain but this ongoing issue needs to be brought to the Developers' attention.

In the past 4 years or so, the Paint Dialog tool continues to crash on all incarnations of IrFanView on various PCs I have - even at work. All I can do with it now is view images and crop. Whenever I use an object in the Paint Dialog box (lines, eraser, text, etc), the software locks up and I get a "Not Responding" warning. I have to open Task Manager to close the program as it won't close on its own. Old IrFanView versions used to do these tasks with ease.

I've resorted to the forum and Web over the last several years for solutions and none of the solutions worked. I'm at the point where I have to open up my Photoshop hog to do simple edits that IrFanView used to do in a in the time it takes for Photoshop just to open.

Will you folks PLEASE resolve this ongoing issue? Complaints date back to 2011..

Thank you for your consideration.

DY

Comment

Irfan Skiljan knows about it.

Originally posted by Irfan Skiljan, June 2016
                            For the big things on the TODO list: I will first try to fix the Paint plugin crahes (on some systems), then try to port IrfanView to unicode ... they are very important things, important for many users.
                            Are you using 64-bit or 32-bit IrfanView? What is your OS? I don't get crashes at all on Windows 10 with 32-bit IrfanView, though I don't use the plugin constantly, just sometimes.

Comment

Irfan Skiljan knows about it.

Are you using 64-bit or 32-bit IrfanView? What is your OS? I don't get crashes at all on Windows 10 with 32-bit IrfanView, though I don't use the plugin constantly, just sometimes.
                              My apologies about no including system info. I currently use Windows 7 and tried both 32 bit and 64 bit. There was a tweak online in the Paint Dialog settings (unclick a box in the Dialog Options - which I did, didn't work) and now I get an error where I can't paste into IrFanView at all. *sigh*

I think what I'm going to do again (for the 4th time) is completely uninstall (including Registry cleanup) and start over and see if I can find an older XP version on IrFanView online. I've used this software for years with 95% of my photos/imaging edits and have become dependent upon it. I don't like to fire up Photoshop for basic edits that IrFanView handles with ease.

I'll check in from time to time.

Comment

Working...
                              X