Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pdf searchable in Windows Explorer

I love Irfanview and use it frequently.

I need to download the newest version of Irfanview (I'm using 4.37). In the new version, when saving as a pdf, will the pdf be searchable in Windows Explorer? (Ex: If "truck" is in the text of the pdf, will the file be found if I enter "truck" in my windows search box?). I know saving as a searchable pdf usually involves OCR. Would the functionality of saving as a searchable pdf be part of the pdf plug-in or would it be part of the Irfanview software itself. I think I recall seeing a separate plug-in for OCR capability, but it was a chore to use.

I usually use my Kodak Office Hero 6.1 software to save bmp files as searchable pdf's, but sometimes I need to use Irfanview to save pdf's.

Thanks - David

Yet the Kadmos plugin is a separate optional tool for IrfanView, but it's a bit of a pain to use. You might find it easier to do the OCR using PDF-XChange Editor OCR is available in the free version.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
    X