Pixelated Text

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pixelated Text

Hello, I appreciate this question has been asked many times and I have tried many soloutions but none work for me. I am trying to make a header with text only for my website. When I insert text on a blank page or photo in Irfanview the text is pixelated ( I have antialiased checked). I have saved it as .jpg .png and for web but then the saved image is obviously pixelated ( has jagged edges). I have tried many different fonts and font sizes but still pixelated. I have tried using different .jpg and .png images; a white background 1022x227px and various other sizes, to insert the text onto but still pixelated.
    How can I fix this problem please?
    Last edited by Jane Milburn; 15.09.2014, 11:26 PM.

Use the Antialiased Text setting.
    Attached Files
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Can you attach an example?

Are you viewing the result at 100% zoom?
      At which zoom level do you display when starting the Insert Text dialogue?
      Last edited by jazzman; 16.09.2014, 03:24 PM.

currently running 4.56 / 32 bit

Comment

Hello and thank you. I have used the antialiased text setting as I have mentioned - "(I have antialiased checked)". Where do I find the zoom settings to find out if I am viewing at 100% zoom. I only use the zoom in and out function when needed? I will try to attach an example soon when I find out how to do this.

Comment

Example

Here is an example.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Jane Milburn; 17.09.2014, 01:37 AM.

Comment

I have also tried a solution from Bhikkhu Pesala - https://irfanview-forum.de/showthrea...ch+image+forum. Whatever size text and whatever font I use the problem is still there.

Comment

I took your image and added some antialiased text to it using Arial 24 point regular.

Compare the result of my added text (top) to yours (bottom)

It looks as if, after adding text at a smaller size, the image has been scaled up by your web application or browser to get the result that we see in your image.

For this logo in Arial text you don't need to use an image at all. Use text.
              Attached Files
              Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Hello Jane, I've tried all kinds of settings and can't reproduce your results.

Are you using the text insertion by way of Edit --> Insert Text (CTL+T)
                or by
                Edit --> Show Paint Dialog (F12) ?

You an see the current zoom level in the status line at the bottom of the IrfanView window.

PS: you should upgrade to the current version 4.38
                Last edited by jazzman; 17.09.2014, 05:03 PM.

currently running 4.56 / 32 bit

Comment

Working...
                X