Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why doesnt my script work? Part 2

This command works from my XP command line:

"C:\PROGRAM FILES\IRFANVIEW\I_VIEW32.EXE" f:\fanac\newstuff\nbrooks\deepsouth\d10.jpg /info=f:\fanac\newstuff\nbrooks\deepsouth\iview.wrk /cmdexit

This one dose not:

"C:\PROGRAM FILES\IRFANVIEW\I_VIEW32.EXE" f:\fanac\newstuff\nbrooks\deepsouth\d10.jpg /resize=(750,0) /aspectratio /cmdexit

In both cases IView returned 0, does it ever return anything else?

Help!

OK let's deal with this post first, since we are talking about a Command line here (and not a Rexx script).

The problem with
    "C:\PROGRAM FILES\IRFANVIEW\I_VIEW32.EXE" f:\fanac\newstuff\nbrooks\deepsouth\d10.jpg /resize=(750,0) /aspectratio /cmdexit
    is that you are not saving the file after you resized it.
    You can either use
    "C:\PROGRAM FILES\IRFANVIEW\I_VIEW32.EXE" f:\fanac\newstuff\nbrooks\deepsouth\d10.jpg /resize=(750,0) /aspectratio
    which will resize the file and then display it onscreen so that you can save it manually
    or you can use
    "C:\PROGRAM FILES\IRFANVIEW\I_VIEW32.EXE" f:\fanac\newstuff\nbrooks\deepsouth\d10.jpg /resize=(750,0) /aspectratio /convert=
    followed by the full path name of what to save it as (which can be the same as the file you opened should you want to overwrite it)

After a /convert=.... option you do not need /cmdexit. It will exit automatically.
    As an aside you do not need it after your /info=... option in your other post either. That will close automatically, without saving or displaying anything since you have not changed the original image at all.

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
      X