Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why 3 days to activate account?

Hello there,

My account has just been activated. I was wanting to post 3 days ago, so I registered, but was amazed to not get a response till now. I tried registering again, thinking there may be something wrong with my name, maybe it was blacklisted...
    Anyhow, I have never experienced a registration that takes more than a few minutes, even with my bank! Why is that?

Tx
    Mark.

Why is that? Because the site admin has a life outside of the forums.

I visit the forum at least once every day to check for new posts, but I am just a moderator. Steve is the Site Admin who set up this site. Since he implemented this policy, we very rarely have to ban spammers. It saves a huge amount of work for the moderators.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
      Why is that? Because the site admin has a life outside of the forums.

I visit the forum at least once every day to check for new posts, but I am just a moderator. Steve is the Site Admin who set up this site. Since he implemented this policy, we very rarely have to ban spammers. It saves a huge amount of work for the moderators.
      Ok, I guess the question then is why does a human need to manually check each registration? Captcha or something like that does an OK job making sure you are not getting spambots signing up... anyway, it seems very odd since I have never experienced this in 20 years of being online, and it is hardly a product which deals with private information or something super valuable...

Anyhow, I am in. Have a good xmas/ny etc...

Mark.

Comment

Working...
      X