X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

command line conversion of wmf to pdf renders blank sheet

Using:

Irfanview 4.38
    All current plug-ins including POSTSCRIPT Plugin (4.39)
    Ghostscript 9.15 32-bit installed

My config file in the application folder redirects to

INI_Folder=%APPDATA%\IrfanView

and that i_view32.ini has correct path to the ghostscript DLL

GS_DLL=C:\Program Files (x86)\gs\gs9.15\bin\gsdll32.dll

If I open a .wmf image using the Irfanview GUI and "save as" PDF I get a good rendering of the image in a PDF.

If I try the same conversion using command line parameters I get a very large (200 inch x 200 inch) blank sheet as the PDF.

i_view32.exe C:\temp\my.wmf /convert=C:\temp\my.wmf.pdf

TIF to PDF conversions from the command line work correctly so I believe the postscript plugin and ghostscript are functioning.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.
    Last edited by JeffB; 02.02.2015, 07:09 PM. Reason: update

IV uses GS for PDF decoding only; for export it uses ImPDF (ImPDF.dll v0.90). WMF -> PDF conversion works fine for me in both gui and cmd mode. Nothing obvious springs to mind as to why it doesn't in your case.

Comment

I can confirm that I have "C:\Program Files (x86)\IrfanView\Plugins\ImPDF.dll" v0.90

Thank you.

Originally posted by Gownaar View Post
      IV uses GS for PDF decoding only; for export it uses ImPDF (ImPDF.dll v0.90). WMF -> PDF conversion works fine for me in both gui and cmd mode. Nothing obvious springs to mind as to why it doesn't in your case.

Comment

You used the same .wmf in both modes?

Comment

Yes, several .wmf's tried both ways.

Originally posted by Gownaar View Post
          You used the same .wmf in both modes?

Comment

I just tested on Win7 64 and again without problems, so OS is not the issue. You could try reinstalling IV. Do you get the ImPDF options dialog in both modes?

Comment

Yes, I get the ImPDF dialogue in the GUI and if I do not use the "/silent" command line option. However, I ultimately want to run these tasks using the "/silent" option.

Comment

I uninstalled Irfanview and reinstalled it along with all the plugins. Now neither mode produce a good PDF. Both the GUI mode and command line convert the 24765 x 13114 pixel .wmf image into a blank 200.00" x 136.60" PDF.

If I resample the orignal .wmf image down to 10% of its original size I am then able to convert it to a 25.80" x 13.66" PDF.

Perhaps there is some PDF size limitation on the ImPDF plugin?

Comment

I'm clueless, sorry. You can try experimenting with ImPDF settings.

Comment

With images that big you may be having problems with running out of memory. You could try going to the Browsing/Editing tab of Properties/Settings and uncheck "Use undo option". That will free up quite a lot of memory.

Comment

That has to be it, 24765x13114 is extra large indeed. Disabling undo is a good idea but undo isn't available in cmd mode and it still fails for him so it probably won't help.

Comment

In general the cmd mode seems to apply all the options that have been saved in the ini file, just as if it were working with the GUI.
                        Thinking about it though, in this case you are probably correct. As no editing is being done there is nothing to undo, so it would probably make no difference how the undo option is set even if it is applied in cmd mode.

Comment

Even in gui, IV probably doesn't allocate memory for undo unless needed. It's also quite possible the operation hits the 32bit ceiling, as pointed out recently in irfanview-forum.de/showthread.php?t=10292. JeffB, if you're still there, do you experience the same problem with 'normal-sized' wmfs?

Comment

Working...
                          X