Creating a Collage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creating a Collage?

How do i create a collage of photos in irfanview? i cannot figure it out for the life of me, i just spent four hours trying to do it. I guess i'm just challenged when it comes to this. can someone please help me out?!

Perhaps Custom/Fine Rotation and Create panorama image could make some kind of collage. Haven't tried it myself, though.
    Get Radio? Sure! - the best Internet Radio Player ever?

Comment

IrfanView is the wrong program to use for that kind of creative work.

Try a page layout program like Serif PagePlus SE (freeware)

Easily mix text and graphics. Freely resize and rotate images and text on the page.
      Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

You can use IrfanView to make a collage very easily.

1) Open any IrfanView picture and resize it to the desired size

2) Open the first picture you want to insert in your collage; select the desired area; CTRL+C; go to picture in 1) , select the area where you want to paste your picture, CTRL+V

3) Keep going until your collage is full

Is that what you wanted to achieve? Using that technique, I was able to make advertising banners that look quite good.
        New Zealand Private Tours

Comment

You can make collages using copy and paste but there are a few tricks that are worth knowing.
          First it is easier if you open two copies of Irfanview (instances) so that you can copy images from the first instance and build up your collage in the second.
          You need to paste into a selection box on the collage, so it pays to get familiar with the Custom Selection features so that you can quickly set up selections - especially read how to drag and resize the box while keeping the ratio. If all your images are a standard shape then it's easy, just set up a small box of the right shape in Custom and for each image in turn Apply to the collage, resize and drag it to where you want it and then paste into it.
          If an image is a different shape then after copying it, open Custom Selection, click on Actual ratio (from image) and then on None. Click on Apply to Image. When you open Custom Selection again on the collage the box will be the right shape for pasting into.
          Lastly do use shortcut keys, especially Cntrl+C (copy), Cntrl+V (paste) and Shift+C (open Custom Selection) to speed things up and the buttons on the Windows taskbar to switch between instances.

Comment

A couple more things I should have added.
            If you cannot open a second instance of IrfanView, uncheck "Only 1 instance...." in Options>Properties>Misc1
            If you want a blank canvas in instance 2 to paste your collage on to; Decide the height and width you want (in pixels). Open any image. Select Image>Canvas size and set Top to height required, Left to width required. Apply. Set Crop box size to 0, 0, width x height using either manual or Custom selection and Edit>Crop to remove the original image.
            Happy pasting!

Comment

Making a collage with Irfanview

This is a very easy method because you don't need to scale the pictures beforehand!

1. In thumbnail view choose the pics you want for the collage
              2. Choose Fie> Create contactsheet from selected files
              3. Fill in the parameters (this will demand some experimenting)
              4. Click Create.
              5. Save the sheet.

The pics are automatically scaled and placed in a logical order but you can do some manipulations on it. For instance: you can replace a pic on the sheet by drawing a rectangle around it with the mouse and cut it, while remembering the ratio! Now select a new position by making a new rectangle (making it bigger or smaller is OK but always keep the ratio value) and paste it in the new position.
              Voila!

Comment

A contact sheet is not a collage. IrfanView is not the right tool for this job. Use a page layout program so that you can just move the images around, scale them, rotate them, add borders and captions, and the whole thing remains fully editable. When you're done, output to PDF or whatever.

This took a couple of minutes.
                Attached Files
                Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

collages

You're telling me things I already know. I only want to indicate the magnificent tool of Irfanview that automatically scales your photo's on the sheet for a quick collage. I can't find another program that does that.
                  I use PhotoStudio for my more elaborate collages.
                  cheers
                  Hans

Comment

Shape Collage

>I only want to indicate the magnificent tool of Irfanview that automatically >scales your photo's on the sheet for a quick collage. I can't find another >program that does that.

sorry, Shape Collage can do it (much better!)

Comment

This is great - thanks. I've been using IrfanView forever and never knew I could do that.

Originally posted by markwolk View Post
                      You can use IrfanView to make a collage very easily.

1) Open any IrfanView picture and resize it to the desired size

2) Open the first picture you want to insert in your collage; select the desired area; CTRL+C; go to picture in 1) , select the area where you want to paste your picture, CTRL+V

3) Keep going until your collage is full

Is that what you wanted to achieve? Using that technique, I was able to make advertising banners that look quite good.

Comment

1. In thumbnail view choose the pics you want for the collage
                        2. Choose File> Create contactsheet from selected files
                        3. Fill in the parameters (this will demand some experimenting)
                        4. Click Create.
                        5. Save the sheet.
                        This helped me a lot!
                        I just wanted a 3x3 photo collage for Whatsapp.
                        Had 9 rectangular photos (Ctrl-Select after Edit > Create custom selection 1:1), reduced them to 300 px each, and followed the above steps.
                        Obvious parameters: 900x900 px, 3x3 columns/rows, spacing/margins all 0.
                        That's all.
                        Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                        X