Minimize to Taskbar on Exit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forwarded Minimize to Taskbar on Exit

Is there a function how to minimize Irfanview to the taskbar?

Presumably you mean minimize on exit? All you have to do to minimize it to the taskbar is click the Minimize button. Since it starts in milliseconds, not much would be achieved by having an option to minimize it to the taskbar on exit. There's a warning on exit option to save you losing work on exit without saving.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

No, this is not possible.

Comment

That's a pitty, especially since it's now starting up with my PC and set with the option for easy printscreens. "C:\Program Files (x86)\IrfanView\i_view32.exe" /capture=6
        Would be a great feature if it by option never closes and is hidden in the taskbar.
        That would be my wish

Comment

I have not used it myself but RBtray may be what you want.

Comment

For screen shots I use GreenShot... very nice, good features, a simple, but good editor... and free...

Comment

I prefer Irfanview, one programm

God: Please add to the Wishlist

Comment

Ja, with RBtray it works for me as expected. But this is, of course, yet another thing that has to run in the background.
                IrfanView 4.62 64-bit

Comment

Originally posted by chif View Post
                  I prefer Irfanview, one programm

God: Please add to the Wishlist
                  I have forwarded the Feature Request. Let's see what Irfan says.

It is unrealistic to use only one program. FastStone Capture would be a better choice for screen shots to keep always in RAM as it uses a lot less memory than IrfanView when idle. It even has a toolbar button to open screen grabs in IrfanView.

FastStone Capture 5.3 is the latest free version, which like IrfanView, is free to use for non commercial and charity/educational use. The latest version is $19.95 Shareware.

• FastStone Capture is provided as FREEWARE for private (non-commercial) or educational (including non-profit organization) use. In these cases, you are granted the right to use and to make an unlimited number of copies of this software.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 27.03.2015, 06:54 PM.
                  Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Or jsut use Windows origin features for scrennshots:
                    Print key to copy the wohle screen in to the clipboard, ALT+print key for the current window.

Comment

Working...
                    X