Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Can I Combine Pairs of Images in a Batch Process?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Can I Combine Pairs of Images in a Batch Process?

Greetings all!!
    I have been working on a project for nearly 8 years and came to find out that Irfanview so far allowed me to uninstall over 5 programs because so far... Irfanview does EVERYTHING I need!!
    But now, I am at a stand still and hope that Irfanview could come to my aid once again.

Here is the scenario:
    I have 90 folders containing over 300+ images in each. All of which are front and back images that I would like to combine into 1 image. (Every 2 images would be merged together).
    I understand Irfanview has Panorama creation but does not contain much options to work with.

What I would like to know is:
    Is there any way to batch "combine" all images in a folder but combining every 2 images?

Files example in folders, 2 independent images.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	example_1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	84734

Panorama result:

Name:	example_2.jpg
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	84735

This is what I would like the end result to be:

Name:	example_3.jpg
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	84736

Does anyone have any suggestions or solution?
    Thanks!!

Hmmm? Tricky that one.

The end result you are after is what you get using the "Paste special" feature in Irfanview. The second image of the pair is copied to the clipboard and then the first is shown and Edit > Paste special > Right selected. Unfortunately "Paste special" is not supported by either the Batch Conversion/Rename feature or by Command line options. You would have to use a script file that had a Keystroke insert function (Alt+E,T,R) and that is a bit messy.

Are all the image pairs the same sizes? If so you could run a Batch Conversion on all the second sides with Canvas size set to add the appropriate amount of white space below, and then run a Command line batch program to join the pairs together in a Panorama. Again not very elegant.

Comment

Hi,

but it might be possible with command line scripting, again it is tricky.
      First the dimensions of the pictures have to be read. Than the second image need to be extended with a canvas like Mij have been written. But I currently don't know if it is possible to join both pictures.
      Maybe I find a little bit time to check this...

Regards
      Nils

Comment

Working...
      X