saving settings of corrected photograph in file of the photo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

saving settings of corrected photograph in file of the photo

Maybe a stupid question but i give it a try.
    Is there a way to save the settings of the chanches/ corrections of a photograph?
    For example (f.e.)
    First i use Color Corrections
    Brightness +18
    Contrast +7
    Gamma correction 1.10
    (i know i can save the profiles)
    Second i use some Effects, f.e.
    Median filter 5
    Fish Eye 115
    And then (Third) i use again Color Corrections
    Color Balance r(ed) +5
    g(reen) -12
    etc.

Is there a way to save all this correction-settings into the file of the corrected photograph (or optionally a new file)?
    (so later i can see the settings i used to improve the photograph)
    If yes, it wil make my day happy
    Last edited by her&man; 10.04.2015, 08:33 AM.

What you can do is save settings from the Advanced Batch dialogue, then load those settings to process another image or set of images.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

thanks Bhikkhu,
      Advanced Batch dialogue. You mean under menu 'file' > Batch conversion/rename button avanced > set for all images ?
      I'm afraid that's not what i mean.
      After i made the corrections, i like to see the settings of all the corrections in the new corrected photograph or if that's not possible, in another file.

Comment

Hi,

no, it's not possible. The manual changes are not logged.

Regards
        Nils

Comment

Thanks Derniwi,
          Pitty, so i have to write it down or to make (local) screenshot and make a seperate file of it. Lot of work.
          Imho it wouldn't be a too big (or difficult) job to built it in. Or to develope a tool for logging it. Would it?

It would improve 'IV'. I prefer using 'IV' over f.e. Gimp because it's fast, clear and it has a lot of options.
          Sadly, my knowledge of programming is to less.
          Maybe a point of attention for the 'IV-developers'?

Kind regards,
          Herman
          Last edited by her&man; 10.04.2015, 08:48 AM.

Comment

Rename the attached file with *.ini extension and load it into the Advanced Batch dialogue.
            Attached Files
            Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

@Bhikkhu:
              I think Herman is looking for this:
              He open a picture, correct the gamma value until the picture looks ok. Now he has to write down "Gamma Correction: 0.87". After this he changes the brightness to 1.12. Write down "Brightness: 1.12". ans so on. If he has finished all the changes he have a list of changes for this picture. Maybe he will use these for other images, or he just like to have a step by step documentation.

Depending on the order of the steps the result might be different. The advanced batch dialogue is good for using the values for other pictures but not a good way for creating the reference settings.

@Herman: since IrfanView just uses 8 bit of color depth the next Gimp version may have some benefit when you can use high color images. Also IV just uses the image that you can see on the screen (in full size, not if you have zoomed in or out) for the next step so if you have the color management enabled the picture will be converted and saved as standard RGB at the end of your process.
              IV is a good, tiny, fast viewer, but the correction and saving methods are just moderate or good compared to photo editors. But if IV just does what you like to have, than everything is fine. ;-)

Comment

Well, for jpg format you can manually write IPTC metadata. This standard is outdated and limited, but the Caption tag can officially contain 2000 characters (IrfanView actually writes up to 4000 characters in this tag).
                IrfanView 4.62 64-bit

Comment

Working...
                X