Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gifs are no longer animated when converted using IrfanView.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gifs are no longer animated when converted using IrfanView.

I have no idea if this is a bug or an option that is not selected in IrfanView, but recently I discovered the WebP format.Immediately I installed the codec in IrfanView to make some test conversions and the results were great. For example, when I convert a PNG 300KB, when converting to jpg keeping 75% of the original quality, the final size is 140kb. With WebP, the final size using the same compression ratio is 80Kb.

Anyway, my point is that since I downloaded IrfanView, I could never convert my gifs. When convert gifs using IrfanView, the output folder, the converted gifs are no longer animated. I would like to make some Gif tests for WebP, mainly because my gifs are scattered in various folders and the feature of batch conversion of irfanview helps me immensely.

Is it any option that Irfanview is deselected? Please help me.

IrfanView only supports viewing of Animated GIFS, you need another program to create or edit them.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
    X