Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arrow keys no longer move larger-than-screen images in full screen view?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved Arrow keys no longer move larger-than-screen images in full screen view?

Hi folks. I don't know if this has been reported or is intentional or is maybe unintended fallout from another feature. I'd appreciate input from you folks. In v4.38 (Win7 x64), if I open an image in full-screen mode and zoom it to a point where the image is larger than the screen (some of it is not showing), I used to be able to use the arrow-keys to scroll that image around the screen. In version 4.38, the arrow keys do not seem to work in that situation. I can grab the mouse and use the right-button to drag the image around, but I'm very accustomed to using the arrow keys. Does anyone else experience the same thing? Perhaps this was an intentional change? If not, I'd really like to get the arrow-key scrolling functionality back in a future version. Thanks!

I suspect that you're just using the wrong fit to screen mode. Try pressing the 1 shortcut first, then the arrow keys work to pan. Otherwise, they scroll to the next/previous image.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Thanks for your input, Bhikkhu. I tried what you suggested, but it does not appear to be related to my issue. I am not even navigating through a folder of images (although that should not cause additional issues). Just paste a large image into an empty IrfanView session and zoom in on it to a point where some is off-screen and should scroll.

I've been using IrfanView for a very long time (Skiljan even took some of my code to use as a basis for AVI viewing way back when he first added that feature). I am pretty familiar with the app and it has only begun behaving this way recently for me. It is still possible that I might somehow have something misconfigured (there are sooo many settings), but not entirely likely.

Comment

It works OK for me in Win7 X86 with v4.38. You do have to uncheck that Jump to next image if ... option in the Browsing/Editing tab of the Options dialog of course. However I did notice the other day when using Win8.1 X64 and v4.38 on my laptop that a zoomed in image would not scroll with the arrow keys. So it might be another 64 bit system problem.
        I did not have time to investigate then, so just used the mouse scroll wheel instead. That worked OK both with and without shift pressed.

I am away from home for the next week, so cannot offer to look at it again in the near future. Sorry. I will try to find time to do so when I come back unless someone else has confirmed it meanwhile.

Comment

Thanks so much for the quick replies, guys. Mij, you got it. I thought I had tried all the options I could find, but sure enough that "Jump to"... checkbox was checked, and unchecking it did the trick for me. I told you "there are sooo many settings"!

As you were... Nothing to see here. Please go about your business.

Comment

Working...
          X