Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saves in GRAYSCALE??

Hi all,
    I'm a long time user, and admirer or Irfanview and think I know the controls pretty well, but I've just had a very strange experience.

I was working on a set of individual shots and renaming them from the camera-given names after modifying when suddenly I realised that when I saved my resulting file using CTL-S it became a grayscale image! :-( As it was an enhanced and size-modified version of the original, I was unable to redo my enhancements from scratch.

Has anybody ever seen this behavior?

I have no idea what I did differently to cause this, so could it be a bug?

Best,
    Frank

It's one of those PEBKAC issues. If you don't know what that means, look it up.
    Attached Files
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

:-) You were right - on both counts! blush

"Techie acronym: Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair. A useful term for demeaning the incompetent competent user without actually saying it to their face."

Never heard of the term, and I've been in the business for 20+ years. Hmmmmm. Humbling.

BTW I discovered the cause this afternoon, just before your ever so kaind response, when it happened again. Then I remembered I'd been converting some supposedly grayscale images into real grayscale images. I didn't know that changing attributes in "Batch Conversion/Rename" also changed the defaults outside of that function. Now I do. TU.

BTW 2 Londoner, huh? Me too. West London - Bedfont, Middx., now living in California and Ensenada, Mexico.

Thanks,
      Frank

Comment

Working...
      X